Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Life gets busy!

Most recent pic of my sweet boys and me!
It has literally been 8 months since I have posted. I didn't even post the boys first day of school pics! Sometimes I think Facebook makes this blog hard. I started blogging about my boys when there was no such thing as Facebook and I wanted to keep my family in the loop about my sweet babies. Then BOOM- Facebook came on the scene and it was instantaneous info to the fam. But is also means the awesome stories I need to write down aren't getting the full description they need either. All my Facebook friends don't really care about what my kids are doing. You know it's true... Even if I don't write it here. My boys amaze me everyday! They are smart, caring, loving and really do need only each other as friends. It makes my heart swell when I see them together or when Logan goes to baseball or spends the night with a friend and Cole longs for him. But they have also turned out to be awesome budding young men. Logan has all the first-child descriptors. Pleasing, wants to help, bossy helpful 2nd parent. Cole is our crazy but so sensitive 2nd child. He is so full of life that you really never know what he is going to say or do. This year in school has been amazing for both boys! Logan is in 6th grade (Intermediate School) and in the band. He plays the trombone and is actually really good! The first day he brought it home I really had my doubts. (Once again a post that went straight to FB, his first attempt at the instrument). Now he plays recognizable songs and is gearing up for UIL solo contest. School this year hasn't not been a breeze like all the years before and he is having to learn study skills. He is being prepared for Middle and High School. I have tried very hard to stay hands off with assignments. I will gently remind him of project due dates but that is it. We have decided that it is up to him to decide to start them and realize that to complete them it usually takes longer than he expected because he wants them to look good too! Cole is in 4th grade (Elementary School) and is thriving. It has taken his whole time in elementary to figure out how to do school. He is super smart but his personality can get him into trouble. But he has finally figured it out. Straight A's and no conduct problems. And he feels good about himself. He was recognized by his teacher this year and was nominated to represent his school at the 2015 Lonestar Leadership Academy progam. This is a huge honor for him. He is nervous as he is not one to try new things but this program will help him step out of his comfort zone and we are thrilled. He was excited to learn that he would spend a whole week going to museums!

No comments:

Post a Comment